This is one of my favorite smoothies. It’s heavenly. The sugars from the sweet potato digest more slowly than a regular potato so this drink provides longer lasting energy. Recipe from Wyndellen’s kitchen.
Sweet Potato Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato pulp, room temperature or chilled
- 1/2 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed preferable
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Water, as needed
- Orange zest, as garnish (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water if you want to make the consistency thinner.
- Pour into glasses, top with orange zest, if using, and enjoy this delightful combination of flavors.
- These proportions are a starting point. You could easily add more or less or each ingredient, so experiment.