Plain yogurt mixed with chopped fresh cilantro is delicious alongside these pancakes. Recipe from marthastewart.com
Spiced Squash Pancakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups Roasted Spaghetti Squash, patted dry
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallots, jalapenos, and ginger and cook, stirring, until softened, 7 minutes. Stir in cumin and coriander and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool slightly, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in squash, eggs, and flour. Wipe out skillet, then lightly coat skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium. In batches, add batter in 1/4 cupfuls to skillet and cook until pancakes are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer pancakes to oven to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter.