Try this seasonal spiced cucumber recipe from Bon Appetit.
Spiced Cucumbers with Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups 1/4-inch-thick slices peeled lemon cucumber (or any other cucumber)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 red Thai chiles (with seeds), thinly sliced (or other hot peppers)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cucumber. Sauté until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, chiles and garlic. Sauté until vegetables are soft, 2–3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and honey; simmer until vegetables are cooked through, 2–3 minutes. Stir in cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice, if desired.