Shaved Turnip with Wild Arugula Salad
Spicy turnips, pungent arugula, and prosciutto or bacon, try this recipe from the New York Times.
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small turnips, about 5 ounces
- 8 cups wild arugula
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces or use cooked bacon as an alternate
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and salt until the salt dissolves. Whisk in the honey, oil and pepper.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the turnips into paper-thin rounds. In a large bowl, combine turnips, arugula and prosciutto. Toss with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.