Sauteed Baby Broccoli with Garlic
Add a bright, fresh, peppery spring ingredient to your meals. Recipe from epicurious.com
- 1 1/2 lb Broccolini (sometimes called baby broccoli), ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook Broccolini in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until stems are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, then drain in a colander.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté half of garlic, stirring, until pale golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add half of Broccolini, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and repeat with remaining ingredients.