Roast acorn squash in the oven and top with butter,crunchy walnuts and sweet cranberries. Recipe from inspiredtaste.net
Roasted Acorn Squash with Walnuts and Cranberries
- 2 acorn squash
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Note-There are lots of options, here. Try substituting pecans or almonds for walnuts or use dried cherries, dried figs or even golden raisins instead of the cranberries, for this. Add a little maple syrup or spice it up with some sriracha or hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds from the squash then carefully cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place the wedges into a large baking dish then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Bake the squash in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until soft and caramelized around the edges.
- Remove the squash from the oven. In a small saucepan over medium heat add the butter, walnuts and cranberries; cook until the butter is melted, then drizzle over the squash