This is a simple salad with its balanced combination of opposing flavors and textures. Recipe by sanitarium.com
Roast Pumpkin, Walnut and Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Balsamic dressing
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 med Long Island Cheese pumpkin, peeled, seeded and sliced into wedges
- 1-2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cups leafy greens-lettuce, kale, spinach, or spicy salad mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup of cooked beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a roasting tray with a sheet of baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray and spray with oil, bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Place the sugar snap peas in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, drain immediately and refresh under cold running water. Heat a non stick frying pan over a moderate heat and toast the walnuts for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the leafy greens, roast pumpkin, sugar snap peas, beans (optional) and walnuts on serving plates or in bowls. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey. Season and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.