Mushroom and Zucchini Burgers
These burgers are grain free, vegetarian and paleo-friendly. Serve in a lettuce wrap with bruschetta jam, or on their own with a side salad. Recipe from FarmFreshToYou.com
- 2 zucchini squash, grated
- 10 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Red pepper flakes (optional for additional spiciness)
- Spread grated zucchini and chopped mushrooms on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for about 15 minutes to disgorge excess moisture from the vegetables. Gently squeeze remaining moisture from mushrooms and zucchini, discarding liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat two eggs. Mix in almond flour, minced garlic, thyme, black pepper and red pepper flakes, if using. Add mushrooms and zucchini and stir to combine.
- Using a half cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto the lined cookie sheet and gently form patties with your hands.
- Bake for 10 to 15 on one side, then carefully flip the patties and bake for 10 to 15 minutes on the other side. Burgers will take on a golden brown color as the egg sets up. Let cool before serving. Makes 6 burgers