Komatsuna Japanese Mustard Spinach and Bacon Garlic Stir Fry
The ingredients are simple, but the hidden consommé adds taste. You can replace the bacon with mushrooms if you prefer, either one will add the umami effect, creating depth and savory deliciousness. Recipe adapted from a Japanese recipe washoku.guide
- 1 bunch Komatsuna
- 5 strips of Bacon
- 2 cloves of Barlic
- 1 Consommé cube (powdered soup stock)
- 2-3 teaspoons Butter
- Black pepper-to taste
- Chop the greens into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut the bacon in half, mince the garlic, and crush the consommé cube.
- Add butter to a pan. When heated, add garlic. Turn down the heat when the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add bacon and cook until golden brown.
- Add the greens and stir fry.
- Once the greens are wilted, add the crushed consomme and black pepper. Stir fry together and you're done!
- Helpful Hints - Since bunches of greens variety in quantity; adjust the seasoning and taste.
- Makes 2 to 3 servings. Recipe adapted from washoku.guide
Tip - The ingredients are simple, but the hidden consommé adds taste.