Kale and Roasted Red Kuri Squash Salad
There will be extra squash and extra dressing- I eat them alone together as leftovers, or add the squash to other dishes! And the dressing is amazing on so many different things- roasted sweet potatoes, salads, grains, etc. Recipe from ahouseinthehills.com
- 1 medium red kuri squash
- 2 large bunches lacinato kale
- coconut oil
- sea salt
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup mild white miso
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot (one small shallot)
- one large, juicy lemon
- fresh cracked pepper
- finishing salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully cut red kuri squash in half, remove all seeds and strings.
- Cut squash into half moons, toss lightly in coconut oil, sprinkle with sea salt and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until soft.
- While squash is roasting prepare kale by washing and removing stems. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing by combining tahini, miso, garlic, shallot, and juice from one lemon. Add additional water until dressing reaches a consistency you're pleased with (should be creamy but still easy to pour!)
- Rough chop hazelnuts and place in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook until nuts are lightly browned and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and pan. Set aside.
- When squash is almost done roasting, lightly coat frying pan with coconut oil and cook kale in two batches over medium-low heat until wilted.
- On a large serving plate pile cooked kale, roasted squash, cranberries, and hazelnuts. Dress to your preference, top with fresh cracked pepper and finishing salt. Enjoy!
There will be extra squash and extra dressing- I eat them alone or together as leftovers, or add the squash to other dishes! And the dressing is amazing on so many different things- roasted sweet potatoes, salads, grains, etc.