Here’s a spring dish from Naturally Ella that is great as a side dish or a vegetarian lunch!
Kale and Couscous with Green Garlic Dressing
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- ½ cup Israeli Couscous, uncooked
- ½ cup chickpeas (drained, if using canned)
- ¼ cup feta
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons green garlic
- Place couscous in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook until Cous Cous is tender, 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- While Couscous is cooking, Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, and minced garlic. (you can also whiz the green garlic in the food processor and then add the other dressing ingredients.)
- Once cous cous is done cooking, toss with kale. Let sit until kale is slightly wilted. Add in dressing, feta, and chickpeas. Toss all together and serve.
- If you want it warm, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add in chickpeas, cooking for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Add in Kale and cook until slightly wilted. Toss with Couscous and Dressing.