Green Garlic Toast
Turn your fresh green garlic into a butter spread and enjoy the first taste of spring. This yummy recipe comes from our good friend, Chef Jenn Felmley. and her hands-on CSA cooking class held at City Farmer’s Nursery.
- ½ cup Unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 ½ tbsp Chopped young green garlic stalks, white and green parts
- 1 tbsp Minced chives
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt, more to taste
- Pinch Red chile flakes
- 1 Demi baguette (small baguette) or crusty loaf of bread, sliced
- 1 regular (not green) Garlic clove
- Heat oven to 475°.
- In a bowl, stir together the butter, cheese, green garlic, chives, pepper, salt and red chile flakes.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake them, flipping them halfway through cooking time, until golden on both sides.
- Remove from the oven and set oven to broil.
- Rub the toast with the cut side of the regular garlic clove, then spread with the green garlic butter.
- Broil toast for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, until the tops lightly brown and the butter melts. Serve hot or warm.
- Serves 8