Green Garlic Salsa Verde
Green garlic salsa verde is a bright and flavorful herbal addition for any protein you are serving with your meal. The original recipe, Grilled Tri-Tip with Green Garlic Salsa Verde, uses Tri-Tip as the protein. Recipe adapted from kitchenkonfidence.com
- 1 cup lightly-packed organic parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 organic green garlic bulbs (white and light green parts only), sliced (or 5 regular garlic cloves)
- Zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- Juice of 1/2 organic lemon, plus more to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place parsley, capers, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt (I used about 1/2 teaspoon) in a food processor, pulsing until all ingredients are chopped and well-combined. Scrape down the sides.
- With the motor running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Stop after you’ve added 1/ 2 the oil, scrape down the sides, and then add the rest of the oil.
- Transfer salsa verde to a small bowl, and season to taste with additional kosher salt and lemon juice.