Tatsoi leaves add a boost of ‘green’ nutrients and the tatsoi stems a light crunch to this classic fish salad wrapped in lettuce leaves. Recipe from Wyndellen’s Kitchen
Fish n’ Tatsoi Lettuce Wraps
- 1 can tuna drained or 8 oz fresh fish cooked
- 1 bunch of tatsoi (20 leaves with stems attached) sliced thin
- 2 stalks of celery-sliced thin and chopped
- 1 green onion-sliced thin (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh citrus juice, lime or lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 cup sprout salad, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, chopped
- In a small bowl break up fish into small pieces and add tatsoi (leaves and stems), celery, green onion, mayonnaise or yogurt, fresh citrus juice, salt/pepper and stir until well combined.
- Lay out lettuce leaves on a plate and scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of the fish salad on top with a healthy pinch of sprouts and cilantro. Depending on the type of lettuce, roll or fold the lettuce leaf around the filling and enjoy.