Here’s a Paleo-friendly recipe from Nom Nom Paleo.
Braised Escarole with Onions
- 1 large head of escarole (~2 pounds in all)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt and freshly milled pepper
- vinegar of your choice
- Separate the leaves of the Escarole, wash well, and roughly chop the leaves.
- Heat the butter in a wide skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions until soft.
- Throw in the garlic and stir around for ~ 30 seconds and then dump in the escarole (damp greens are good). Lightly salt the greens and onions and cook covered until the greens are wilted and tender (~12-15 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and add a splash of your favorite vinegar.