Enjoy the contrast of flavors in this easy recipe from The New York Times.
Arugula and Carrot Salad with Walnut Dressing
- 4 cups wild or baby arugula
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons broken walnuts (1/2 ounce)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, pureed or finely minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Combine the arugula, carrots, walnuts, cheese and tarragon in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the lemon juice, vinegars, salt and mustard. Whisk together, and add the garlic. Whisk in the oils.
- Shortly before serving, toss the salad with the dressing.