The base of this winter salad uses napa cabbage, which adds crunch and mediates the stronger flavor of ‘greens’. Use any combination of greens and toss with a light vinaigrette dressing.
Ana’s Mixed Greens Salad
- 12 Napa Cabbage leaves
- 6 Kale leaves
- 2 cups Spinach leaves
- 4 stalks Celery
- Other green options: chard, tatsoi, escarole, frisee, arugula, lettuce , radishes, herbs
1/3 cup vinegar, red or white wine
2/3 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash all greens and damp dry.
- Put the following ingredients into a salad bowl after chopping.
- Stack cabbage leaves and slice into 1/4 “ - ½” strips.
- Remove stems from spinach leaves, chop ½”.
- Massage kale leaves and hand pick bite size pieces off.
- Chop celery stalks into ¼” pieces, Toss with dressing.
- In small jar mix vinegar and crushed garlic, let sit 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and shake well, salt and pepper to taste.