About our CSA
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture and boy, do we love our CSA members. Like many small farms, we rely on the support of our CSA members. As a thank-you for supporting us, you’ll receive a box bursting with freshly harvested produce, including items grown specifically for you. You’ll also receive our weekly newsletter, two complimentary tour passes and harvest bags for Public Tours, as well as special pricing and access to various Suzie’s events. What more could you want?
Why should you choose the Suzie’s CSA? We’ll tell you why. Firstly, we’re the only organic farm located in the City of San Diego, which means we’re as local as it gets. Secondly, our food is delicious, and it’s all USDA-certified organic. That means no chemicals and lots of flavor. If you’re interested in a fool-proof way to eat seasonally and locally, the CSA is as easy as it gets.
When you become a Suzie’s CSA member, you become a part of our farm-ily. We consider ourselves more than just farmers—we’re also educators, artists, community-members, and avid eaters. We’re not here to simply sell you a product – we’re interested in opening our fields to you, getting to know you, and helping you get to know your food. We want to teach you to recognize a cucumber plant from a squash plant. We want to munch on a pepper in the field with you.
Our CSA program is flexible – we’ll accommodate your vacations and remind you when you need to renew. Our CSA box is ever changing, just like our fields, so you’ll never have the chance get bored. Plus, we provide recipes for every vegetable we grow so that you’ll never have to fear about what to do with an unrecognizable vegetable. Eaters rejoice!
When signing up for our CSA, you have three easy decisions to make:
- Location – Choose from one of our convenient pickup locations in over 40 neighborhoods across San Diego, including all farmers’ markets where we sell our produce.
- Frequency – How often do you want a box? You can receive a box every week or bi-weekly (every other week).
- How many boxes would you like to sign-up for?
What comes in your CSA Box:
Your CSA Box will have 8 – 10 different seasonal items including: vegetables, fruits, and herbs. We grow multiple varieties of many crops. Our lettuces are a good example of this: romaine, leopard romaine, green and red leaf, green and red bibb, and a mix of salanova varieties…Our CSA Box is ever changing, just like the seasons. You will receive a mix of hand-picked produce full of farm fresh flavor and vitality. Note – Our farm fresh eggs are not available at this time.
- New members and current member renewals are provided with two complimentary farm tour passes and harvest bags to use during your membership period, this is a $40 value!
- CSA members receive an exclusive discount on farm events.
The produce you receive in your CSA box will represent what is freshest at our farm. We value our CSA customers highly and encourage you to share your box contents and recipe ideas with friends and family.
Pay as you go! or Pay full amount upfront for a membership of 6 or 12 boxes. Choose weekly or bi-weekly deliveries.
- Debit on Delivery – $30/box, your PayPal account will automatically be charged on the night of your delivery.
- 6 Boxes – $180 ($30/box), full amount charged upon sign-up or renewal.
- 12 Boxes – $360 ($30/box), full amount charged upon sign-up or renewal.
Are you ready to become a Suzie’s Farm CSA Shareholder? Join Our CSA