About our CSA
During the month of July, we are having a ‘Get Free Veggies’ campaign, from July 1st to July 31st, 2016. For every CSA renewal or new CSA membership signup of 6 boxes (weekly or bi-weekly), we will add 1 free CSA Box to the members’ CSA account. Our ‘Get Free Veggies’ campaign is a way to build our CSA community and offer you a free CSA Box in gratitude
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture and boy, do we love our CSA Shareholders. Like many small farms, we rely on the support of our CSA Shareholders. As a thank-you for supporting us, you’ll receive a box bursting with freshly harvested produce, including items grown specifically for you. You’ll also receive our weekly newsletter, two complimentary tour passes and harvest bags for Public Tours, as well as special pricing and access to various Suzie’s events. What more could you want?
Why should you choose the Suzie’s CSA? We’ll tell you why. Firstly, we’re the only organic farm located in the City of San Diego, which means we’re as local as it gets. Second, our food is delicious, and it’s all USDA-certified organic. That means no chemicals and lots of flavor. If you’re interested in a fool-proof way to eat seasonally and locally, the CSA is as easy as it gets.
When you become a Suzie’s CSA member, you become a part of our farm-ily. We consider ourselves more than just farmers—we’re also educators, artists, community-members, and avid eaters. We’re not here to simply sell you a product – we’re interested in opening our fields to you, getting to know you, and helping you get to know your food. We want to teach you to recognize a cucumber plant from a squash plant. We want to munch on a pepper in the field with you.
Our CSA program is flexible – we’ll accommodate your vacations and remind you when you need to renew. Our CSA box is ever changing, just like our fields, so you’ll never have the chance get bored. Plus, we provide recipes for every vegetable we grow so that you’ll never have to fear about what to do with an unrecognizable vegetable. Eaters rejoice!
Visit our Shareholders’ Store to add eggs to your CSA delivery!
When signing up for our CSA, you have three easy decisions to make:
- Location – Choose from one of our convenient pickup locations in over 50 neighborhoods across San Diego, including all farmers’ markets where we sell our produce.
- Frequency – How often do you want a box? You can receive a box every week or every other week.
- Number – How many boxes would you like to receive? You can opt for as few as 2 boxes or as many as 13 boxes.
What comes in your CSA Box:
Your CSA Box will have 8 different seasonal items including: vegetables, fruits, herbs, sprouts and flowers. We grow multiple varieties of many crops. Our lettuces are a good example of this: romaine, leopard romaine, green and red leaf, green and red bibb, and a mix of salanova varieties…Our CSA Box is ever changing, just like the seasons. You will receive a mix of hand-picked produce full of farm fresh flavor and vitality.
- New members are provided with two complimentary farm tour passes to use during their subscription period.
- Sign up for a CSA subscription at your local Farmers’ Market and receive $10 free market bucks to spend right then and there.
- As a CSA member you can visit our Shareholders’ Store to purchase eggs and have them delivered with your CSA Box.
- CSA members receive an exclusive discount on farm events.
The produce you receive in your CSA box will represent what is freshest at our farm. We value our CSA customers highly and encourage you to share your box contents and recipe ideas with friends and family.
Prices for our CSA Box subscription:
- 2 Box Trial:$50 ($25/box) Weekly or Bi-weekly deliveries
- 6 Boxes: $150 ($25/box) Weekly or Bi-weekly deliveries
Are you ready to become a Suzie’s Farm CSA Shareholder? Join Our CSA