Strawberry Jam Season
Just Another Amazing Suzie’s Farm Family Fun Season
Strawberry Jam is a fun, family-oriented festival celebrating everyone’s favorite ruby red fruit with U-Pick Strawberries.
When: Saturdays Only, March 26th – April 30th, 10am – 2pm
Where: Suzie’s At Sunset – 2570 Sunset Avenue, San Diego, CA 92154
Strawberry Status Update:
THE STRAWBERRY PATCH WILL BE CLOSED ON SATURDAY APRIL 23rd. We will offer U-Pick beets, carrots, kale, and chard instead! Strawberry availability for U-Picking or otherwise is not guaranteed. This year’s crop is not performing as expected. Slingshot weather patterns, pesky spider mites, and rain damage have ravaged the patch. We will offer other U-Pick crops if strawberries are unavailable. Read our Strawberry Jam Update for more details and stay active on our Facebook page for updates.
U-Pick Crops will be sold by container only (we’ll provide them!) with the following pricing:
- Strawberries (if available): $4/pint, limit 1 pint per person
- Beets, Carrots, Kale, and Chard: $4/twist tie, limit 1 pint per person
Learn more about our delicious 100% organic berries here.
Strawberry Jam is a free event to attend and is open to the general public. Pre-registration is not mandatory, but those interested in attending can join the event dates on Facebook:
Schedule of Events:
- 10:00am: Doors
- 10:00am – 11:30am: Farm Tour & U-Pick Club
- 10:30am – 1:30pm: Live Music
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm: Farm Tour & U-Pick Club
- All Day: Kids’ Activities
- All Day: Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides
This is a working farm, y’all! Please wear long pants, close-toed shoes (no sandals!), and bring a hat. Layers are recommended, as the farm is often cooled by the breeze on even the sunniest days. In addition, we suggest you bring drinking water and sunscreen.
Enjoy tasty vittles and refreshments throughout Strawberry Jam Season from the following great food crafters:
- Harvest Kitchen on April 2nd and April 30th
- God Save the Cuisine on March 26th and April 16th
- Suzie’s Hot Eats (pizza, salad, and more!)
- Cowboy Jack Johnson: March 26th and April 23rd
- Fanny & The Attaboys: April 2nd
- The Big Decisions: April 16th
- Tinkersmith: April 30th
Each day of Strawberry Jam Season will feature different fun activities for the whole family.
- Scavenger Hunt
- Animal Encounters with Living Coast Discovery Center on April 2nd
- Face Painting & Farm Art by The Art Kids of San Diego County: March 26th, April 16th, April 23rd, April 30th
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides by Surfside Ranch
Our weekly Public Farm Tours will start at the Information Station. Public tours consist of a 90 minute walkabout through the fields while learning the history and operations of our farm; throughout the tour we’ll harvest veggies together to take home. Don’t forget your re-usable bag! Tours are $10/person and $10/bag of harvested vegetables.
The U-Pick Club is our version of a pick-your-own CSA. Traditional CSA members pay in advance for a certain number of produce boxes. U-Pick Club members pay in advance for a certain number of ‘picks’ and become official card-carrying members of the farm. Click here for more information!
Zero Waste Event
Together We Can Close The Loop! As organic farmers and supporters of sustainability, we strive to reduce the waste generated by these events. We cannot do this without your help! When at Strawberry Jam, think about what you are disposing of and pay attention to the labels on our waste bins to know where your trash should go. PAPER, PLASTIC, GLASS, ALUMINUM = RECYCLING; FOOD WASTE AND VEGGIE BITS = COMPOST; everything else goes to the Landfill. Zero Waste Event efforts supported by Closing the Loop SD.