Just Another Amazing Family Fun Event at Suzie’s Farm
Pumpkin Palooza is a fun, family-oriented farm experience centered around fall’s signature crop: the wondrous pumpkin!
When: Saturdays October 8, 15, 22 10am-2pm
Where: Suzie’s Farm – 2570 Sunset Avenue, San Diego, CA 92154
What: U-Pick pumpkins in our certified organic patch full of funky varieties in all shapes, sizes, and colors! Feel the crunch of dried pumpkin vines under your farm boots as you hunt for the perfect one to pick. Availability depends on Mother Nature and farmer ingenuity. Pumpkins are priced by size ranging from $3-$50.
Pumpkin Palooza is FREE to attend and open to the general public.
Schedule of Events:
- 10am: Doors
- All Day: Pumpkin U-Pick
- All Day: Kids’ Activities
- All Day: Pumpkin Carving
- 10am – 11:30am: Farm Tour & U-Pick Club
- 10:30am – 1:30pm: Live Music
- 12:30pm – 2pm: Farm Tour & U-Pick Club
- 2pm: Go Home Happy
For specific details on each event date, check out Facebook event pages:
- October 8
- October 15
- October 22
This is a working farm, y’all! Please wear long pants, close-toed shoes (no sandals!), and bring a hat. Layers are recommended, as the farm is often cooled by the breeze on even the sunniest days. In addition, we suggest you bring drinking water and sunscreen.
Hungry? Enjoy a farm-fresh pizza from our wood-fired cobb oven! Each event date will also feature a selection of tasty vittles from our favorite food trucks, beverage purveyors, and local confectioners. Check out the Facebook events for details on who will be here. Or bring your own blanket and have a picnic on the straw!
- U-Pick Pumpkins – Explore your adventurous side tromping through our fields searching for the pumpkin of your picking. Still attached to the vine!
- Face Painting – For the kiddos or anyone young at heart!
- Pumpkin Carving – Can’t wait until you get home? Get in the fall spirit and give your freshly picked pumpkin a carve right on the spot at our self-serve pumpkin carving station!!
- Owl Encounter on October 8 & 15 – Stop by the Total Raptor Experience booth to learn about the amazing role that birds of prey play in our food system and get your own selfie with Henson the owl! (with $5 donation for raptor food)
Our weekly public farm tour will start at the ‘Tour Starts Here’ sign at 10am and 12:30pm. Farm tours consist of a 90 minute walkabout through the fields while learning the history and operations of our farm. An interactive experience for $10/person and $10/harvest bag.
Harvest your dinner straight from the fields! The U-Pick Club is our version of a pick-your-own CSA and your ticket to picking anything other than pumpkins from our field. U-Pick Club meets at the ‘Tour Starts Here’ sign at 10am and 12:30pm (members join the public tour groups).